Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rubber soles and Sweat balls

Oh, yes. I kicked some Tae Bo ass last night. I held on to my motivation and I did some serious damage to the carpet in my basement.  I decided to hold on to the dumb bells for 1/2 the work out so my punches were a little more ferocious. Half way through the routine I had to put my shoes on. Not sure why I thought bare foot would be a good idea except that there's some awesome, orange, shag carpet in my basement and maybe I thought it would support me better than the hardwood in my living room???  I don't know.  The hubster came down at some point, to observe, I'm sure.  He told me I had good form.  Thanks for the support, hunny bunny. Now get the hell out of the basement while I tear shit up. You're distracting me.

Honestly, it was fabulous. I was sweating balls and loving it. :-) There are a few things I seriously need to get under control.  First, my hair.  It'z crazy, yo! It's too long and heavy to stay up while I'm bouncing all over the room.  I hate the idea of taking the time to braid it but I'm running out of ideas. Second, time matters.  I told the youngster I'd watch a movie with him after I worked out but by the time we ate dinner and I finished the workout...it was 8:30 p.m.  He goes to bed at 9.  Great. Now I have guilt. Tonight I'm working out sooner so we have more time.  One of my fears before I started this journey was that I'd lose time with my dudes.  Gotta tweak this plan....can't be messing up my dude time.  And Third (I won't say last because I'm sure it won't be), the Mr. and I need to be on the same schedule.  I could feel the aggravation creeping up my spine when I was finished and ready to chill...and he was still shaking the house, flinging sweat and seriously infecting my living room. Time to make a schedule for everyone. Helping hands, kids. As Larry would say, "Get 'er done." Mr. muscles asked me to take a few pictures to see if he noticed any progress yet.  We took one a couple days before Christmas and he wanted to compare.  I've always thought he looked good, but when it comes to his body, he's a perfectionist.  I don't know what his major malfunction is. I'd hit that. ;-)

Not sure what's in store for today. I'm thinking I'll try one of the other Tae Bo videos.  Yesterday was cardio.  I need to get the Carmen Electra video from my sister, and Zumba from Rachel. I believe it's Plyometrics today for the P90X. That might work too. The lower limbs are a little spaghetti like from yesterday, but no pain, no gain, right?

I think I'll take the upcoming NON-busy weekend to explore some food possibilities.  Maybe I can plan the weeks meals every Sunday. Or, since I shop on Fridays usually, maybe I should plan on Thursdays! I feel a farmer's market trip coming on. Time to try something new! Suggestions welcome!

Have a great Thursday, everyone! And thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment